Saturday, August 27, 2011

dooce

I'm on Twitter.  The T in Twitter isn't capitalized on twitter.com, but I like it capitalized better.
@thebatter85


I've clicked on the search function and typed in "mom" so many times, trying to find people I might be able to relate to.  Who always pops up?  Heather B. Armstrong.  @dooce  Always.  Every time.


I finally read one of her blog posts. 80 new beds, 80 more lives


She truly gave me hope.  To the point that I'm on the verge of tears when I think about where she is and where she came from.


I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder in 2006.  I've struggled to live a normal life, especially after I turned 18.  Now that I'm a (single) mom, motivation to be a success (or at least a survivor) has increased - but it still wavers.


Reading about Heather's struggle and victory with her mental health has given me renewed hope (at least for a few minutes) that I can be the me that I desperately want to be.


Thank you, Heather.  Thank you for being honest.



No comments:

Post a Comment